CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RE-OPENING STATEMENT: Update July 3 2020
It’ s been a long 15 weeks, but now that the government has given the go-ahead for pubs to re-open, we’ve been busy doing risk assessments, deep cleaning, creating new menus and making sure we’re absolutely ready to welcome you back without compromising on the quality of the service we can offer.
We’ve decided the best way to get used to the new ‘normal’ for the Marquis is to introduce a phased opening of our services as set out below: –
5th July: we will be offering a takeaway service, collection only, with a limited menu. We will also have a selection of snacks, soft drinks and packaged alcohol for sale. You are welcome to use the beer garden from this date. We will be serving food only in disposable packaging.
10th July: We will open the High Street doors and re-open the inside bar area and will be offering the full selection of beers, spirits and soft drinks.
17th July: We will re-open the restaurant for bookings only
We will be adjusting our opening hours as follows:
Mondays – Closed Tuesdays – Saturdays 12pm – 2:30pm and 5pm to 10pmSundays 12pm to 5:30pm
PLEASE HELP US TO MEET THE NEW GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES BY OBSERVING THE FOLLOWING: –
- Visit us only if you are feeling well
- Please use the SANITISER provided when entering the premises
- To prevent issues of social distancing when entering or leaving, a one-way system is in place within the pub
- The doors on the High Street are ENTRY ONLY
One door is for the bar the other for restaurant bookings/takeaway collections only. Please use the most appropriate entrance for your visit.
- The EXIT is now the back door leading to the car parking area on Millgate.
- We are introducing a BOOKINGS ONLY policy for eating in and asking for pre-ordering where possible.
- In line with government guidelines we are asking if customers would kindly fill in a form with their details on when visiting. This information will be kept for 21 days and used for no other reason other than Track and Trace purposes relating to COVID-19.
- Please maintain a safe distance from others when inside the building.
- Please keep the bar clear by ordering and then returning to your table.
- Please pay by card rather than cash when possible
- Maximum of two people in toilets at one time
- We ask for children to be supervised at all times and respect social distancing
OTHER MEASURES WE ARE TAKING
- Increased frequency of cleaning of toilets and all touch points
- Condiments will now be provided in sachets
- Menus will be single use paper ones
- We will monitor and if necessary restrict numbers inside the pub to ensure a balance between social distancing and capacity.
- Please be aware that the maximum number of people we will accommodate in any group/party is 6 people.
Your safety is at the forefront of every decision we make Our aim is to give you the confidence you need to be able to enjoy your visit to us. As we reopen, we now ask for your support in taking personal responsibility to follow the new rules.
We look forward to seeing you soon